Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Agony of Cindy Sheehan

Cindy Sheehan, the world-famous, gold-star "antiwar mom" has left the Democratic Party and "resigned" from the Peace Movement. This is what The Empire does to its most noble women and men.

Agony of Cindy Sheehan The Daily Kos
Monday, May 28, 2007.

"Good Riddance Attention Whore"

by Cindy Sheehan

I have endured a lot of smear and hatred since Casey was killed and especially since I became the so-called "Face" of the American anti-war movement. Especially since I renounced any tie I have remaining with the Democratic Party, I have been further trashed on such "liberal blogs" as the Democratic Underground. Being called an "attention whore" and being told "good riddance" are some of the more milder rebukes.

I have come to some heartbreaking conclusions this Memorial Day Morning. These are not spur of the moment reflections, but things I have been meditating on for about a year now. The conclusions that I have slowly and very reluctantly come to are very heartbreaking to me.

The first conclusion is that I was the darling of the so-called left as long as I limited my protests to George Bush and the Republican Party. Of course, I was slandered and libeled by the right as a "tool" of the Democratic Party. This label was to marginalize me and my message. How could a woman have an original thought, or be working outside of our "two-party" system?

Read More at: www.dailykos.com/story/2007/5/28/12530/1525

No comments: