Friday, January 06, 2006

Reaction to State of State Speech:

I was not happy with the immediate press release that our Green Party Media Committee came up with following Schwarzenegger's State of the State speech last night. I would give you a link to it, but it will not show up on our official state web site for at least another week. That is a second problem, but not the main focus now.

I understand the causes for having a weak reaction type press release. That does not mean I have to like it. I know that I am not the only one who wanted to have it come from Camejo.

Here is a question for all. Do these press releases have any impact at all on the grassroots of the Green Party in California? If not, then they should be targeted only to the press, which means that they have to be more substantive. Reporters desparately need a "story" and someone to do the leg work. We should give them their story every time we have a chance.

No comments: